- 600PS Jaguar XE SV Project 8 laps Nürburgring Nordschleife in 7min 23sec – the fastest ever time by a four-door sedan in production-intent specification
- Most extreme performance road-legal Jaguar – designed, engineered and hand-assembled by SVO – is capable of 0-60mph in 3.3sec and a top speed of 200mph*
- Watch XE SV Project 8 prototype’s record 7min 23sec lap of the Nürburgring here:
- Production limited to 300 units for sale worldwide, priced from £149,995 in UK.
- Register interest at www.jaguar.com/about-jaguar/special-vehicle-operat...
Jaguar’s SVO-developed XE SV Project 8 is now the world’s fastest four-door car, following a production-intent prototype’s record lap of the Nürburgring Nordschleife. The incredible time of 7min 21.23sec is nearly 11 seconds quicker than the previous fastest sedan around the legendary 12.9-mile German circuit and puts the 600PS Project 8 ahead of some of the world’s fastest two-door coupés and supercars.
Mark Stanton, SVO Director, said: “The SVO design and engineering team’s mission was to create the most track-focused road-legal Jaguar in history – not only the fastest, but also the most agile. As a result, only the roof and front door skins of Project 8’s body are carried-over unaltered from XE and 75 per cent of its mechanical hardware is new. This astonishing Nürburgring Nordschleife record validates the success of such extensive changes.”
John Edwards, Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations Managing Director, added: “SVO exists to push the boundaries of performance, luxury and all-terrain capability. The hand-assembled XE SV Project 8 takes that principle to the limit, extracting supercar-beating performance from Jaguar’s most compact four-door sedan. The Nürburgring Nordschleife record underlines our commitment to deliver the most extreme Jaguar ever to Project 8 clients, who will soon experience this sensational sedan for themselves.”
Westover's Mark Whittam (Operations Director, Marketing) finished: "This is such an exciting car and pays tribute to the fantastic level of engineering skill of the technical and design teams at JLR. I only hope I get to drive one of the 300 cars JLR have built!"
*Figures are manufacturer’s estimates and subject to final confirmation ahead of production