- In 2015, Renault was the best performing brand in EV sales in Europe
- Renault’s EV sales rose 49 per cent to 23,086 units in 2015, with a 23.6 per cent market share
- ZOE is the best-selling all-electric car in Europe
- Kangoo Z.E. is the best-selling all-electric LCV in Europe
Renault is the best performing brand in Europe in electric vehicles sales, with a market share of 23.6 per cent (or 25.2 per cent including Twizy) and 23,086 units registered in 2015 up 49 per cent on 2014. One out of five electric cars sold in Europe was a Renault Z.E. vehicle in 2015.
The European all-electric vehicle market stands at 97,687 units, up 47.8 per cent compared to 2014. In Europe, the EV market represents a 0.61 per cent market share (up 0.16 per cent compared to 2014) of the overall car market.
Renault ZOE is the top-selling all-electric passenger car with its market share increasing by 2.2 percentage points to 19.2 per cent and 18,453 new registrations in 2015.
It performed particularly well in France, where it recorded a 48.1 per cent market share (versus 41.2 per cent in 2014) and 10,670 units sold, thanks to the “superbonus” incentive set up by the French government in April 2015. More than half of ZOE sales in France benefitted from the incentive.
Renault Kangoo Z.E. is the best-selling electric LCV in Europe with 4,325 units sold in 2015, accounting for 42.6 per cent of the all-electric LCV market.
Renault has sold the most EVs between 2010 – the year the first EV was launched in Europe – and 2015, with a record of 62,228 units sold. Since its launch, 16,331 units of Renault Twizy were sold.
Renault Z.E. models sold in Europe in 2015:
- ZOE, a compact hatchback launched in 2013;
- Kangoo Z.E., the electric version of Renault’s LCV launched in 2011;
- Twizy, an urban two-seater quadricycle, launched in 2012
In the UK, ZOE sales were up 102 per cent in 2015 to 2,053 vehicles, significantly outpacing the UK electric vehicle market, which was up 48 per cent (including Twizy) on 2014. ZOE is the second best-selling electric car in the UK representing one in five EVs sold.
For more information about any of the EVs in the Renault range, please contact Westover Renault in Poole or Salisbury.