- New Jaguar E-PACE delivers five-star Euro NCAP safety
- High scores in the adult and child occupant tests, as well as pedestrian protection
- Jaguar’s first compact SUV features of advanced driver assistance technology including Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Keep Assist and Driver Condition Monitor
- The Jaguar E-PACE, BBC TopGear Magazine’s 2017 Crossover of the Year, is on sale now at Westover Jaguar, priced from £28,500 (OTR)
The new Jaguar E-PACE has achieved a five-star Euro NCAP rating that confirms the hotly anticipated vehicle as among the safest on the market.
Jaguar’s first compact SUV keeps everyone safe with high scores of 86% for adult occupant protection, 87% for child occupant protection and 77% for pedestrian protection.
The E-PACE scored maximum points in the side barrier, as well as in the side and the frontal offset tests for child occupants. In the pedestrian tests, E-PACE scored highly, particularly for the protection of a pedestrian’s head in the event of a collision.
E-PACE features a comprehensive suite of standard safety systems, including Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection. The advanced technology is able to detect a collision risk with cars or pedestrians in the road ahead and automatically apply the brakes.
"Safety is one of our core customer principles and so we’re delighted the Jaguar E-PACE has been recognised by Euro NCAP for its five-star safety credentials," says Nick Rogers, Director Group Engineering at Jaguar Land Rover.
"The E-PACE will bring new customers to the Jaguar brand, particularly young families, so safety is an absolute priority and clearly we’ve delivered here. Combined with outstanding design and driving dynamics, the E-PACE is every bit a modern Jaguar”
By pairing advanced crash protection with active safety systems, E-PACE helps prevent accidents while providing superior passenger safety in the event of a collision.
Advanced driver assistance systems available on the Jaguar E-PACE include:
- Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection: provides an audible forward collision warning and should the driver not take action, applies the brakes to help reduce the severity of a collision or prevent it
- Matrix-Laser LED headlights: use Intelligent High Beam Assist (IHBA) and Adaptive Front Lighting (AFL) to split the main beam into imperceptible vertical strips that maximise the light around oncoming traffic while casting a shadow in front of oncoming vehicles to prevent dazzling
- Lane Keep Assist: detects unintentional lane drift and applies corrective counter-steering to maintain lane position
- Driver Condition Monitor: senses driver fatigue by monitoring steering, brake and accelerator inputs to provide alerts when tiredness is detected
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist: automatically reduces speed should the vehicle ahead slow down and, once the road ahead is clear, will resume its pre-set speed
- Pedestrian Airbag: deploys an exterior airbag in the event of a collision to protect pedestrians and cyclists from contact with the bonnet and windscreen
- Reverse Traffic Monitor: warns the driver of vehicles, pedestrians or other hazards approaching from either side of the vehicle, providing audio and visual alerts
- Blind Spot Assist: alerts the driver to vehicles in, or fast approaching, the blind spot with a flashing warning light and will guide the car safely away if the vehicle begins to change lanes
- The new Jaguar E-PACE has been crowned BBC TopGear Magazine’s 2017 ‘Crossover of the Year’ in one of motoring’s toughest categories. TopGear’s judges highlighted E-PACE’s outstanding design saying: “The design sells the E-PACE at 50 paces” and “Even if the E-PACE didn’t out-drive or out-ambience its rivals, it would out-want everything”.
The Jaguar E-PACE, priced from £28,500, is available to order now at Westover Jaguar.